Business Application Help Desk Coordinator
ABOUT THE JOB:
LAACO, Ltd., based in Los Angeles, CA, has an immediate opening for a full-time Business Application Help Desk Coordinator. Our Company, founded in 1880, owns and operates Storage West Self Storage (Storagewest.com), The Los Angeles Athletic Club (LAAC.com), and California Yacht Club (Calyachtclub.com). The person selected for this position will work for our Storage West division.
Storage West operates 50 self storage sites in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas. Based in our Los Angeles office, the candidate will support our storage employees with a wide variety of tasks. This is an hourly paid position. The rate will depend on experience.
We offer medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with match, sick, holiday, and vacation pay, and more. Eligibility requirements for benefits must be satisfied.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
- B. S. Degree in IT related field and minimum of two years experience or certifications and equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have the ability to learn the self-storage business and the software that is used for it.
- Must have 3 years work experience in a business application help desk environment.
- Must be sufficiently versed in the technical aspects of PC’s, networking, software and hardware to provide a source of expert advice on any problems that may develop.
- Knowledgeable about the use of business application programs, including current Microsoft Office products, and to be able to communicate with other professionals about them.
- Identifies, researches, analyzes, tracks, resolves and documents user problems to determine appropriate solutions, including hardware, software and training.
- Provide prompt and timely help desk support in response to user needs and requests via telephone, email and in person to all levels of field and call center employees.
- Observe and note situations where improvements in training or documentation would aid in the resolution or avoidance of problems. Notify the Training Manager of such cases so that remedial action can be implemented.
- Through internship in the field and formal training, learn how all hardware and software tools operate.
- Establish contacts with vendors for back line support on issues that require resolution through bug fixes or enhancements. Submit appropriate materials to vendors in support of problems and requests. Perform a liaison role between vendors and users.
- Arrange for on-site support from vendors or local consultants as required.
- Visit field sites as necessary to perform installations or respond to special problems.
- Maintain a detailed log of problem issues, categorized by type, along with affected sites for reference and periodic review by management. Inform management of any developing or continuing issues with software or hardware functionality.
- Accept and respond to requests for support after hours and on weekends, via cellular telephone.
- Fill in for other Home Office personnel, if requested by VP of IS, during absences, vacations or other times when extra effort is required to maintain an efficient and smooth operation. This will require cross training with other employees as directed by management.
- Verify that communication lines and hardware/software are working properly and address any malfunctioning equipment or services as appropriate.
- Insure that software at all field sites is updated to the latest versions and that appropriate patches are applied to operating system and related software.