Dear valued LAAC members,
The landscape regarding the seriousness and urgency around the COVID-19 virus is rapidly changing, as are the government mandates around how to keep ourselves and our community healthy. Yesterday evening, the Governor, L.A. County and Mayor Garcetti issued sweeping new orders embodying the principle “safer at home.”
The mission of the The Los Angeles Athletic Club is the lifelong pursuit of health giving amusements. That remains the guiding principle as Club management plots our way through this crisis. And it is in the interest of health that the decision has been made to suspend clubhouse operations effective immediately.
The clubhouse is closing temporarily; however, our aim now is to keep the LAAC member community intact. Effective April 1, 2020 we will waive all dues charges for the month of April. Please note:
- You will receive a statement reflecting NO dues for April.
- Any charges that you made in March will still show up on your April statement.
- Any membership hold requests will be reviewed when we re-open. If you made a hold request the $50 fee will not apply.
- Because of the nature of this emergency, we will not be able to field phone calls, but we will do our best to respond to emails directed to email@example.com
Without members, there is no Club. We are taking these steps recognizing the critical role members play in the survival of the LAAC. We appreciate how everyone has been patient and supportive as we have adjusted to the situation as best we could. Past members and staff who weathered other difficult times are leading us now. Their actions during past crises enabled us to be here today. Their spirit can inspire all of us now to focus on our health, our families and our community. We will get through this together.
Stay connected with us on our social media channels: linktr.ee/losangelesathleticclub
We want you to know that The Los Angeles Athletic Club is being proactive to address concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are implementing procedures based on advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will increase the frequency of our cleaning of hard surfaces beyond our normal routines, particularly points of common contact like doorknobs and light switches.
Teamwork is a Club core value and we encourage all members and staff to follow these tips to help keep yourself and others healthy:
- Stay home when you are feeling ill.
- COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you experience these symptoms.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water for AT LEAST 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before meals; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer after touching high contact surfaces and when soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use the disinfectant wipes available in the Club’s athletic areas to wipe down machines and equipment after each use.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
Thank you for your assistance in adhering to these very important guidelines.
Maintaining health is the foundation of our Club’s culture.
And at this challenging time, we’ll need everyone’s help to do that.
You can learn more facts about the Coronavirus on the CDC website: